Dear Spring Community,
I am happy to announce the 4.20.0 release of the Spring Tools 4 for Eclipse, Visual Studio Code, and Theia.
updates to the Spring Tools 4 for Eclipse distribution
- updated to Eclipse 2023-09 release (new and noteworthy)
- (Spring Boot): 5x-10x faster Java Reconciling support to show Spring specific validations re-built from the ground up tuned for high performance to work seamlessly in large code bases
- (Eclipse): No more rogue “Boot Language Server” jobs, forever calculating completion proposals and other stuck Java/Spring tooling features
more fixes and improvements
- (Spring Boot) fixed: Performance of Reconciling Spring Java (#1068)
- (Spring Boot) fixed: Spring Language Server hangs forever (#1075)
- (Spring Boot) fixed: Spring Boot Validations Builder hung seemingly forever (#1103)
- (Spring Boot) fixed: Incorrect MISSING_CONFIGURATION_ANNOTATION warning in vscode (#1100)
Detailed changes can be found in the release notes: https://github.com/spring-projects/sts4/releases/tag/4.20.0.RELEASE
To download the distribution for Eclipse and find links to the marketplace entries for Visual Studio Code and Theia, please go visit:
- Spring Tools 4: https://spring.io/tools/
Spring Tools 4.20.1 is scheduled to be released in late October 2023.